What Is Launch Pad?
As part of our commitment to supporting Bristol's emerging circus artists and companies, as well as those from further afield, we run a twice yearly residency scheme, with the aim of providing artists with in-kind space at one of our two venues (Unit 15 or The Loco Klub) and support from our experienced team, to devise, develop and make new and innovative work.
We are open to applications from emerging circus and theatre companies and individual artists.
Initial assessment of applications will be based on the following:
- Originality of idea
- Realism of proposal
- Potential for ongoing development
- Previous accomplishments
- Inclusivity and accessibility
- Evident consideration of the planned process
Round 1 - 14th January 2022
(for residencies from 31st Jan - 1st July 2022)
Round 2 - 4th June 2022
(for residencies from 4th July - 31 Dec 2022)
For more information on the residency and application process download:
To talk more: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a total of 28 days to allocate to artists for each round of the Launch Pad programme. This total is to be split across successful applicants, and across both of our residency venues.
Residency Artists will receive:
- In-kind use of either The Loco Klub or Unit 15 Creation Space (between 1 - 14 days)
- A letter of support from The Invisible Circus to help with future funding applications and project proposals
- Features on The Invisible Circus' social platforms and websites
- Support and advice from our highly experienced team.
All successful applicants are required to commit to:
- Inclusion of the Invisible Circus logo and website on any promotional materials, PR, videos and event listings associated with the residency project
- A testimonial at the end of your residency for Invisible Circus and your experience of working with us
- Audience and participation data collection
Plus one or more of the following:
- A final piece showing (scratch event)
- A talk or Q&A open to other artists
- A workshop open to other artists
- Mentoring a young artist (time).